*** 2017 Details Coming Soon ***
Little Balkans Days Cake Show 2017
Location: To Be Announced Pittsburg, Ks
Contact: Lori Horton 1015 N. Broadway, Pittsburg, Ks any questions: 620-231-5700
Registration accepted until 6pm Thursday, August 31.
Drop off: Cakes must be received between 8-10am Saturday, September 2. No entries accepted after 10am.
Rules & Requirements:
1) All entries in any category are required to be an actual baked, edible cake. Decorated dummy cakes will be disqualified and will not be eligible for judging.
2) Cakes will not be judged on taste, but will be auctioned to the public so flavor details will be required upon entry the day of the show.
3) All entries will be placed in the silent auction unless marked for pick up on your entry form the day of the show. Since this is a fund raiser for the United Way of SEKS, you are encouraged to allow your cakes to be auctioned, but you are also welcome to come Sunday and bid on your creation!0
4) It is recommended that all items used on the cake be edible, but it is not required. Non-edible items will not be returned.
5) Cakes should be no larger than 20”x20” (board included).
6) Cupcakes will be allowed in groupings of 6. They can be individually decorated or arranged as a display. Cut out decorated cookies will be in grouping of 6. They can be the same design or a coordinating theme of 6 different shapes. Be creative!
7) Cakes will be displayed from time of entry on Saturday until 6pm, so perishable fillings are not suggested. Refrigeration will not be available.
8) Categories are as follows: Kids under age 10, Kids age 11-16, Adult Beginner and Adult Advanced. NEW CATERGORY: Decorated Cut out Cookies!
9) Adult advanced includes anyone that owns, works or has worked in a bakery, someone that has completed more than 3 decorating classes or has been decorating for more than 5 years. The person checking and receiving entries the day of the show will have the final decision on what category any entrant will be placed. That decision is final.
10) Multiple entries are encouraged, but the entry fee is $5 for EACH cake or cupcake group. Each entry fee will receive a goody bag and a Little Balkans Day button for entry into all “Button Events”.
11) Each Category will be awarded a 1 st place prize with an overall “People’s Choice” award for the entry that collects the most money by 3pm on Saturday. This total collection will also be donated to the United Way.
12) Entry forms and fees are due by 6pm on September 1st and can be mailed or dropped off in person at Celebrations by Lori, 1015 N. Broadway, Pittsburg, Ks 66762. No exceptions or exemptions for mail service.